05 April 2012

Fantastic Lives

These days my todger is putting in more overtime than a US State Department official during a Middle East crisis. I'm exhausted. Not that I'm complaining.

As you know, my periodic reveries here are an exercise in forgetting, dreaming, meditation. This is wine and codeine therapy. My life improves; I don't fear death. I think it is because I have separated myself (intellectually, emotionally, spiritually) from the filth that surrounds me, and created my own 'private world' or sphere of thought and activity distinct from the mainstream.

The trick to all of this, I think, is to avoid despair and nihilism. I follow EJ's example of 'inner emigration' as best I can, but this does not entail a hermit's life or a prude's existence. We must accept the conditions into which we are born and move forward. That is fate. Life is to be enjoyed, even in these dark times. It is an unfolding of mystery and beauty. Our attitude should be one of affirmation, a 'yes-saying' to fate. And soon, I think, after all is done, the sun will rise again.

The tests came back negative, certifying me plague-free, thank the gods. The symptoms instead were attributed to the combined effects of traumatic sex and excessive alcohol ingestion. Surprise, surprise. Will I ever learn? Let the whoring recommence.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, old boy.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Tabs ~ Indeed. But keeping it up wasn't exactly an issue here. ;-)

Anonymous said...

STD test?

Anonymous said...

You will only have to be tested once for genital herpes. After that you'll sing praises to commitment and monogamy, you will see the light.

Anonymous said...

How can a transplanted NY Jew living in Southern California claiiming to be an expat Brit accuse anybody of being a poseur?

The Ancient said...

A well-bred degenerate know when to punt.

Remember that, regardless of the alcohol or the temptation, and all will most likely be well.

Richard said...

You never cease to amaze me! Have a good weekend LBF!

Blanc said...

"I have separated myself (intellectually, emotionally, spiritually) from the filth that surrounds me".

The best solution, sir.

Anonymous said...

Waldgänger

MGM said...

LBF -- may I ask how old you are? Also, if all this whoring is true, which I suspect it is, may I ask how you come into contact with women? Do you pick up strangers at bars or are they mutual friends?

Unknown said...

..."Life is to be enjoyed, even in these dark times". It is not a matter of wealth but attitude. Good luck anyway.

w. adam mandelbaum esq. said...

A man may seldom hear applause in his life, but he can always get the clap.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think it is unfortunate that you have separated yourself in the manner that you have, but it is a coping mechanism. My world is beautiful in every way. I love looking out of my living room window at the "soccer field" that is my front yard. I'm also an avid bird watcher. I have feeders in front and we watch the birds come and go. My favorite bird during this time of the year is the cardinal. I feel connected to nature, my family, my neighbors, and my local community. I know, kumbaya, but I do.