03 December 2007

Vision in Tweed

A recent photograph demonstrating the proper way to pair a Tweed jacket and Fair Isle vest. Not only is this the start of the Christmas season, when one's company is required at holiday gatherings, but more importantly it is the advent of the Tweed season, though I make it a habit to don the Tweed year round. In the photo above, I am pictured at a recent cocktail reception wearing a two-button, single-breasted Harris Tweed jacket from The Andover Shop, a Brooks Brothers repp tie, and widewale cords from Orvis. The star of the photograph, of course, is the Fair Isle vest in a Prince of Wales pattern from the Louise Irvine Shetland Hand-Knit Collection. Nothing says Young Fogey quite like Tweed and Fair Isle knitwear. Indeed the combination can be quite electrifying, especially, as I found out to my discomfiture, when blended with a large intake of Groot Constantia Gouverneurs Reserve 2005 and the presence of several nubile surf hotties. You will be relieved to know, my Tweed jacket and Fair Isle vest escaped unscathed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sharp look. I like the collar of th shirt. You must have been the hit of the party.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Yes, thank you, I think I made an impression. And by impression I mean the indentation I left on their front lawn after I passed out from the wine.

Anonymous said...

What are you going to do about that "HOLLISTER FOREVER" tat on your backside?! That impression's gonna last forever.