12 June 2012

Life Is Its Own Answer

“I have something to fight for and live for; that makes me a better killer. I’ve got what amounts to a religion, now. It’s learning how to breathe all over again. And how to lie in the sun getting a tan, letting the sun work into you. And how to hear music and how to read a book. What does your civilization offer?”

'—And the Moon Be Still as Bright,' The Martian Chronicles, Ray Bradbury (1950)  


Firepower said...

These observations describe what made European societies thrive.

Cameron said...

LBF, I liked your comment re military revolt at alt-right. I'm picking up a similar vibe down here.

In the Army the cultural marxist drones still get wheeled out for propaganda purposes but scratch the surface and there's a lot of Fascism & Nationalism bubbling underneath.

I think the media recognises this (in broader society) so they've doubled up on propaganda lately but I think this will just increase the intense anger.

(sorry for commenting OT here, just wanted to make sure you got the message)

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Cam ~ Many thanks mate. I appreciate the kind words. We're making inroads one step at a time.