01 March 2012

Blue Rubinacci

I may not be feeling blue, but increasingly I feel like wearing blue. The photo (at left) shows one of my favourite neck ties, from Rubinacci. I have paired it with a white dress shirt with spread collar and Brooks Brothers chalk stripe flannel suit. In the last few years I have gradually added to my tie collection items in various shades of blue: navy, sky, royal, sapphire. Not only does it accentuate my blue eyes, but it also advertises the cool detachment and persistent calm for which I like to think I am known, qualities prized, I might add, in financial circles. In fact it is quickly becoming my signature colour. Do you have one?

8 comments:

La Sombra Sofisticada said...

Blue is my signature colour too. It's the colour that works best with my blue eyes and brown/redish beard.

Anonymous said...

Deep Burgandy!! Goes with everything. It is understated power, quality, authority, rich. Bring them in with your blue but make your statement with the burgandy.

HGB said...

In a word, mustard....

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colour combination, I really want something blue to bring out my eyes, Bombay Sapphire?

C Mulgrave said...

'redish beard'... 'Deep Burgandy'... 'Bombay Sapphire'... I congratulate you on the high quality and discerning views of your contributors. More of the same please, Admiral and your impressive chums.

P.S. Cambridge blue.

Anonymous said...

Brooks Brothers opens new stores from the profit off of my yellow and blue ties.

Suit completed with a pair of certain skull for a lapel pin. Thank grandmother for saving them.

Bradley said...

Blogger Blue, naturally.

young brunette hottie said...

Emerald green. I never leave home without wearing emeralds.