04 August 2010

Brooks Brothers Moccasins

As I mentioned in a previous column, my uncle in Connecticut recently sent me a series of packages containing books, clothing, and other items that had accumulated in his house since the 1980s. These shoes were amongst the cargo. A pair of size 12D Brooks Brothers loafers made in the USA, they are at least 15+ years old. I bought them at either a Manhattan or Stamford, CT store; I barely remember them. In any event I am sure they will feel right at home in my collection. The thick white stitching and supple tan leather lend them a distinctly casual, Adirondack feel. I certainly look forward to taking them out for their California debut. Can you proffer a guess as to which US manufacturer made them? Yours is as good as mine.

5 comments:

Belle de Ville said...

Lucky you, those moccasins look super comfy.

Anonymous said...

I like them a lot, they remind me of a Tod's pair that I used to own; talking of which you will love the video on their site just now, it's a tug of war at an English public school - so up your avenue.

Anonymous said...

I can see these strolling along the beach, tidepooling, margaritas...

ADG said...

Those are from the Baker-Benjes era but god only knows who that gang vendored out the job to. Tintin would know. He knows everything. Seriously.

A.E.F. said...

Admiral - not sure about white stiching. Suggest taking a leaf out of Douglas Sutherland's book and washing in urine.
(12D?! Cripes, how tall are you?)