17 June 2010

Cleverley Loafers & Seersucker-in-Plaid

Work hard play hard, and one begins to undergo the consequences. A bit of blood in the undercarriage, the result I suspect of drinking large amounts of champagne and whiskey, has forced me to slow down and spend some time chez maison. I have therefore taken the opportunity to inspect the inventory and see what I have in stock for summer wear. In this exclusive archival photo you can see quite clearly a pair of Cleverley loafers cradled in the adoring embrace of a J.Press sport coat. I think they make a splendid trio. The shoes are popularly known as 'butterfly loafers,' for some reason, I have learned, but I certainly do not look or feel like a butterfly when I wear them. The sport coat is a plaid seersucker number with enough spilt G&Ts in the fabric that one could probably fashion a decent cocktail if one wrung hard enough. Better spilt gin, I suppose, than spilt blood. Per aspera ad astra.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you are the master and the drink remains the servant.

~Hilton

Lisa said...

Do Cleverleys come in purple with sparkly rainbows?!

Belle de Ville said...

Look at the upside, with all the tonic you've had in the G&T's, you won't get malaria.
Love the shoes.

Anonymous English Female said...

Admiral, a dashing ensemble. Another advantage of the G&T patina would surely be that the suit has a built in - and rather particulier - eau de cologne?

ADG said...

The loafers are the bomb.

Anonymous said...

What delicious little vignette makes me want to drink sloe gin cocktails with the wearer.