11 March 2014

Ban Bitches

The current power elites never cease to amuse me. Facebook business executive Sheryl Sandberg has suggested banning the word "bossy" because it's a term disproportionately used against aggressive, motivated women in the office. This won't work, of course, because one can't go around simply banning words. It's madness.

I’ve written before about lady bosses:

Women managers, I have found over the years, are easily influenced and manipulated. They are highly susceptible to flattery, and easily swayed. Female bosses are unfocused. It is a result, I think, of multi-tasking. In one bank where I worked, I knew a group of male analysts who, on being approached by the female department head with some large task in hand, would immediately ask about her weekend, or ask about her daughter who was away at boarding school, or compliment her on her hair. After a while she would leave, flattered and flustered, apparently having forgotten why she wanted to talk to the analysts in the first place. I have seen this technique work time and again. In the past, when I had a female boss, I was usually able to use my charm and good looks to get my own way, or to obtain preferential treatment of some kind, including office sex. The trick with a female manager is, never make her forget that she is a woman first and foremost–even if she looks like your Aunt Phyllis.

I actually like female bosses, although I haven’t had very many. It’s the male managers–usually white knight douchebags–with whom I have issues. More on that later.

Oddly enough, the best manager I’ve had was a homosexualist chap who let it be known to me–and our team–that he had a crush on me. Needless to say, I got away with a lot.

The second best manager I’ve had was a hot Vietnamese married girl my own age who also had a crush on me and was apt to kiss me when our team went out for drinks. It was a bit awkward, I must say.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only really co-ed work environments were just typical teenage jobs in high school and such, even in the Army it was very rare to simply see a female in our part of the base. Same in my oil and land work that I do these days. The beard and stern look do draw the attention of the office women when I go into town now and then.

Anonymous said...

As I tell my wife, it is not my fault that there are women in the workplace.

MissGoDarkly said...

I find the same technique works a treat on male bosses and co-workers too. Anyone who says that being easy on the eye is a disadvantage was probably hit with the ugly stick as we say here.
My married director loves to kiss me in the taxi after a work night out. Although attracted to him, I’m not stupid, so it always stays firmly in the back seat of a black cab. I am firm, but fair and a wee bit bossy!

Anonymous said...

Okay, play your aces, but never, ever sleep with the help, boss or otherwise. The risk/benefit ratio is absurd, the point spread diabolical, and the worst-case scenario can be ghastly beyond belief.

Desirable women can found anywhere. Desirable jobs cannot.

As Sheldon Cooper says, "Watch your back,
Jack. Bitches be crazy."

w. adam mandelbaum esq. said...

When I was saving the world from the Red Menace back in the Cold War, I at different times had a black commander, a female commander and a white commander who piloted his plane with a rather limp wrist. I can say without equivocation that they all served their country with equal amounts of incompetence.

MissGoDarkly said...

Anonymous - "Show the readers everything,tell them nothing.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Admiral - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P79fyusyZ1w

Unknown said...

Sandberg knows that the word won't go away; the liturgy of outrage is all; culture as theater.
That and the publicity.