08 April 2010

Office Kit





In another exclusive scoop, my award-winning photographic team arranged to snap a few still images of my gear during cocktail hour in the office. Featured in the photograph (above) is a Vineyard Vines graph check shirt in two shades of blue and a Brooks Brothers club tie with bright yellow stripes like rays of sunlight shining on my black heart. The next image (below) depicts me lounging around chatting with the other inmates, probably not making much sense but looking smashing nonetheless, in a pair of Brooks Brothers tassel loafers and lightweight Southwick trousers in serious charcoal.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Simply smashing, dahling. Blue and gold are my alma mater colors...

Belle de Ville said...

The only thing that could have improved that outfit would have been yellow or light blue socks from Pink.

WerewolfinExile said...

A classic look, Admiral. I like the shirt and tie combo. It's great how the thick yellow diagonal stripes in tie contrast against the gridded blue pattern on the shirt. I think Belle de Ville is spot on with the sock rec.

heavy tweed jacket said...

Great tie and shirt. Probably worked well with the charcoal grey trousers. Classic.

Anonymous English Female said...

Admiral, I'm with Belle de Ville - think you need to book ADG for a sock colour consultation.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Thank you for the kind words and suggestions as always. However, I don't think you understand the sort of office I inhabit. Coloured socks with a suit or on their own would be highly inappropriate in the work place.

As it is, with my charm, good looks, tassel loafers, and pink Brooks Brothers shirts, I am pushing the envelope a bit too far already. I may play with other people's money as requested, but when it comes to my own style I prefer to play it safe. Unnecessary risk after all is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Maybe the sock suggestions are meant as a joke...?

Old School said...

Magnificent tie.

The closest I have is the BB #3 Repp in navy with gold stripes, but the bright yellow stripes are even better.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=211&Product_Id=871779&Parent_Id=210&default_color=Navy-gold

Do you know whether your tie is still available? It's not on the BB site.