31 August 2010

End of Summer Kit

I am shocked. Can you believe the autumn season is almost here? Summer has slipped away from me faster than a sober 24-year old blonde at a late-night cocktail party. There were loads of things I wanted to show you here. But inevitably I was side-tracked by a series of work-related events where, you might be rather jealous to learn, I had the opportunity to showcase my fogey endowments in the flesh so to speak rather than in this column. The fact of the matter is I wear a suit most of the time and my collection is quite dull, I can tell you. A solid line-up of greys and charcoals in diverse configurations. Summer is a great opportunity to add some flash and step out in prep style. In the photograph (above) are two summer acquisitions: a pair of flat-front Vineyard Vines trousers and a sky-blue Brooks Brothers linen shirt. Do you know what would go well with this ensemble? A pair of white bucks, that's what. But genuine delight is to be found in what is not revealed, so I suppose we will have to wait until next summer. The cycle continues.

13 comments:

K.S.Anthony said...

Time to break out the Go-To-Fall collection. Cords, tweeds, and Beretta shotguns.

Main Line Sportsman said...

Oh yeah...shotguns. I am shouldering a Belgian made Browning filed grade for tomorrow's dove hunt....leaving the Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 12 ga. in the gun safe...too much firepower for doves

Silk Regimental said...

Any shade of green and any shade of blue together trips a neural sensor in the most pleasurable way... nice duds man!

Belle de Ville said...

Please don't tell me that summer is over...the sun just finally came out!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Where were they made, I wonder?

Fatfriend.

Hilton said...

The trousers are quite nice, Admiral. I may have to consider a pair for next summer.

A.E.F. said...

Admiral, sounds like you need to ease yourself elegantly into autumn by ordering a new suit in an especially commissioned Laguna Beach Tweed.

Richard said...

I wore a similar outfit yesterday afternoon. Well done!

John Wesley said...

'Tis a sad seasonal occasion: Retiring of the Linens.

'Tis a joyful seasonal occasion: Breaking Out the Woolies.

Ciao,
--JW

Anonymous said...

I could see you enjoying tea and a bit of crumpet in that outfit.

ADG said...

It was 98 degrees today here in Washington. Summer isn't letting go just yet.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

ADG ~ I hear you mate, it was 95 degrees in the Financial District in San Francisco today.

Hilton said...

I picked up this linen shirt today on sale for 50% off at Brooks Brothers. Why is their Irish linen made in China, for crying out loud? Do you find it breathable in the summer? Regular or slim fit? Thanks again.