28 January 2011

Alas Crockett & Jones

If I had my way I would abolish the concept of 'casual Friday' and the people who take advantage of it in the same way the Romans dealt with the problem of Carthage. But we have to play with the marbles we are given, so it is to be tolerated with grim thin-lipped determination if not actually accepted. Still, it is a chance to don the occasional pair of brown shoes, in this case (at left) the Westbourne model from Crockett & Jones. Note the sleek chisel toe. As you can see in the picture, I have lifted the port trouser leg a bit to reveal new socks by Cougarella. I am wearing cashmere trousers from Brooks Brothers with a 1.75" cuff. No matter how many times I demand a 2" cuff, my tailors ultimately extend a mere 1.75", probably just to irritate me. But this is no time to succumb to vexation. Friday afternoons are an opportunity to sit in the sun sipping tropical iced tea, making sure passersby can see your new brogues from Crockett & Jones, secure behind your Persol 2720-S sunglasses.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A round of applause for a man in proper shoes. I can't abide men in sloppy footwear.

Unknown said...

Belgrave?

A.E.F. said...

Admiral, splendid orificer wear! Friday flair and elegance, enough of this casual nonsense!

Ford said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely glorious footwear!