19 October 2011

Well Cuffed

As you may have heard, I recently had a new pair of Brooks Brothers trousers tailored to my usual specifications. Where the tailor sometimes ignores my request for large cuffs leaving me with 1.75" or even 1.50", this time I positively insisted on a 2" cuff. The image (at left) shows me verifying the tailor's handiwork in case I need to submit photographic evidence. As you know, big cuffs are more appropriate for taller chaps such as yours truly. Cuffs serve to anchor the trouser and keep the bottoms from flopping about or swinging in the breeze. Endowed with the proper cuffs, for once, one does feel rather sartorially blessed.

8 comments:

w. adam mandelbaum esq. said...

great shoes!

Bow Tie Guy said...

I have recently been enjoying the benefits of the larger 2" cuff, too. It just seems more appropriately sized than "ordinary" cuffs.

Anonymous said...

Do loved ones tuck billet doux into the cuffs for you to read at the orifice?

A.E.F. said...

Admiral, nice job, you must cut quite a dash! High cuffs look very fine on long guards officer type legs, doubtless well toned from a summer spent surfing.

Richard said...

I always go with a two inch cuff as well, and my tailor also puts up a fight.

White Horse said...

Very nice.

Soxtory said...

Cuffs are also practical. My friend dropped a diamond that was weeks later found in the cuff while at the dry cleaners.

Grausig Grantiger Gemahl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.